Remember the legend of Rip Van Winkle? The chap who went off for a small snooze, and slept through 20 years of his life, only to wake up all old and wrinkled. Some of us are like that. In our hurry to meet our career aims and objectives, we wake up to realize that our face and skin have all prematurely wrinkled and creased.
What are wrinkles? Wrinkles or rhytides are folds, ridges, fine lines or creases on the surface of skin seen commonly as a result of aging. Skin loses its elasticity leading to wrinkles. An early appearance of wrinkles is due to several factors such as stress, smoking, improper diet, deficiency, excess exposure to sun, and wrong diet practices to reduce weight.
Here are some tips to avoid wrinkles:
- Coconut oil applied around eyes, neck and other parts at bedtime help banish wrinkles.
- Facial massage increases blood circulation and revitalizes the skin.
- Applying lemon juice reduces fine lines under eyes, neck, and hands. This is also very effective in minimizing the wrinkles and cleaning the skin.
- Regular exercise and yoga can reduce signs of ageing to a minimum. They also help to maintain a healthy weight, improve vision and reduce wrinkles. Drink 3-4 liters of water as it flushes toxins and keeps the skin glowing.
- Going out in the harsh sun can cause wrinkles on the exposed skin surface. Use scarfs and natural sunscreen lotions to protect yourself.
- Eat vegetables, nuts, and fruits. It keeps you active and slows down the aging lines.
- Quit smoking, tea, coffee, and alcohol. It will help you look beautiful.
- Use natural products like turmeric, rose water, and honey to scrub the face once or twice a week, to keep it soft, clean and reduced aging signs.
- Live a stress-free life and control your anger. Always keep a beautiful smile on your face as it slows the onset of wrinkles.
- Avoid laser treatments, and chemical-based injections to the skin to reduce aging lines or wrinkles on the skin. They are unsafe and can be harmful.
Following these simple steps can reverse the effects of an unhealthy lifestyle on your appearance.