Health Benefits of Garlic:
- Regulates blood pressure.
- Fights against allergies.
- Regulates blood sugar level.
- Lowers bad cholesterol.
- Reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Promotes weight control.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Take 1 cup of finely chopped vegetables like sweet corn kernels, green peas, broccoli, carrots, and asparagus.
- 2 tablespoon chopped garlic.
- 1 tablespoon oil.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions.
- 2 cups low fat milk.
- 2 tablespoon rolled oats, which get cooked quickly.
- Salt to taste and freshly ground pepper powder.
Steps to prepare:
- First heat 1 tbsp oil in deep frying pan.
- Add onion, garlic and sauté it, till the onions turn translucent in color.
- Then add vegetables and sauté them for few minutes.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper and mix them well.
- Bring to boil and simmer till the vegetables become tender.
- Then add oats to it and mix it well, simmer it for another 5 minutes.
- You just need 15 minutes to cook this yummy soup.
Serve it hot, after adding 2 tbsp of chopped coriander. You can also serve it with whole wheat bread.
Nutritional value of Garlic:
- Carbohydrates: 12.6 grams.
- Fat: 1.5 grams.
- Fiber: 0.9 grams.
- Proteins: 5.4 grams.
- Energy: 85 calories.